runway 4.0 musings

models (left to right): Magdalene Poletowska, Catherine Willett, Rachel Battista clothing, hair & jewelry accessories BASIA POLETOVVSKA ...

models (left to right): Magdalene Poletowska, Catherine Willett, Rachel Battista
clothing, hair & jewelry accessories
BASIA POLETOVVSKA S/S mini collection
makeup: Katie Ambrose

Every time I see the colors from this collection all together, via the last photo, it gets me so hyped. For what exactly, not sure, probably more just excited for summer fashion than actually something productive like getting busy on the sewing machine. Sewing machine excitement needs a few dollar signs rolling in, since the endless hours of work turn out to be paid in nothing more than pride and self-accomplishment. Hmm... yea, totally lying. Looking at the said photo and being able to say "I made this" is totally worth the lost sleep and $2.43 left in my bank account earlier this year. Plans for F/W 2012 are in prenatal stages, and x'ng my fingers that I'll have time for a S/S 12 collection as well. But who knows, it might turn out the other way around.

The theme for the show was Fashion Diversity Mash, and I think you can see where I was going with this by the use of repetitious pleats and layered prints. My true inspiration was a single pinwheel, the idea of combining 3D elements with 2D to compliment each other.

Runway 4.0 is fourth in a series of runway shows put on by Buffalo State College, and is produced by Erin Habes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images