pocketful of posies

vintage top and skirt, Brian Atwood boots (photos, Patrick) Somehow I became inspired by the line of prose in the children's song, &quo...




vintage top and skirt, Brian Atwood boots

(photos, Patrick)

Somehow I became inspired by the line of prose in the children's song, "Ring Around the Rosie." The theme of dark beauty has been creeping up everywhere these days, so count me in as one of its casualties. I was under the impression that the lines were in reference to the black plague, but after reading over the wikipedia entry, some historians dispute its meaning. Not a good enough argument to keep me from using it, so a reference to tragic history it is. 

For the styling, the top won me over with its oversized cotton yet easy-to-dress up quality; pretty essential to survival. Adding a waist belt elicited what I might call a 'slouch peplum.' Also, the first appearance of the Paramour boots, basically some really good chemistry here.



Really enjoyed working on this photo series; nice to see it all done (!)







You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. You''re fabulous would you like to follow each other? Let me know and I will follow u back
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so beautiful!

    http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos! :)
    maybe we will follow each other on GFC? let me know :) (on facebook too if you have )
    Kisses!
    DOMINIKALICIOUS

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images